Working for the Private Sector

I never would have even considered that I could work somewhere like Darden Restaurants with a Ph.D. in Human Factors; Dr. Vanduyn's work is so far off from everything I think of when I think of Human Factors. While the work she did doesn't particularly interest me at this point, it is good to see that there is a wide variety of positions available for people with Human Factors degrees. It seems like with the extensive background we get in statistical analysis and experimental design, that we could probably end up in basically any sort of analysis-based position that attempts to understand the underlying processes functioning in a complex system: be it in psychology, technology, economics, business, politics, etc. It's good to know that I will have a wide array of options available if I ever decide to stray from "traditional" human factors research.

No comments: