Career Goals

My most immediate career goal is to begin conducting some form of Neuroergonomics research here at UCF. Ideally, I would like to begin developing and studying EEG-based brain-computer interfaces. I would like to begin working in this area as this is the field I would like to focus on in my career. In my opinion, directly monitoring brain activity to improve the human-technology relationship is the next step in human factors, and technology in general.

After completing my Ph.D, I am considering doing some post-doctorate work with a Neuroscience program, possibly at Duke, as they do some high-level applied research that I think is the beginning of the next wave of technology.

Once I eventually finish my formal education, I would like to work with a private research firm focusing on applied research. Eventually, I would like to start my own research facility. After becoming established as a researcher, I would like to teach undergrad/graduate level courses as an adjunct professor. Although I enjoy teaching (I am teaching an undergraduate Neuropsychology class this semester), I cannot imagine becoming a full-time professor. I would prefer teaching one or two classes every now and then, in order to continue focusing on research, which is my primary interest.

No comments: